My roots calling me ...

While browsing my memories yesterday, I came across this picture of my first school. This is the place where I started my early education. Beautiful it was ... a school with a view. Right behind the bus station of the village and on the outskirts. It's still the same. I took this picture in 2007 when I visited my village and it just took me back to those beautiful days of my life.



Yes! This is the place where I spent my childhood years studying the early things as an inhabitant of mother earth. There is no fence nor hedge around time that is gone. You can go back and have what you like of it, if you can remember. So I can close my eyes on my village as it is today, and it is gone, and I see it as it was when I was a boy.

Green it was, and possessed of the plenty of the Earth. In all Nasik district, there was none so beautiful (that's what me as a child used to think and I still think the same way today). Everything I ever learned as a small boy came from my father and I never found anything he ever told me to be wrong or worthless. The simple lessons he taught me are as sharp and clear in my mind as if I had heard them only yesterday. He is my hero and I owe my everything to him. I will be with him very soon and just the thought of it makes me very happy. He is and will always be my guiding star ... all my life!

The journey I started in my small village is still on. I am in search of my destiny. I believe Destiny is not a matter of chance, but choice, not something to wish, but to attain.

But I know one thing for sure, my roots are so strong that I want to go back to my village and try to make a difference in the lives of people there. My roots are always calling me ...

Baba