He did it again!

Some people never give up in life and am honored to have met one such person in my life. He is none other than Doctor Ashis Roy.

You must be wondering "Who is he?". Well the answer is - He is a superhero! At least for me he is a superhero to most of the Indians who can barely walk a few meters on their feet.

I was volunteering at the Gurgaon Marathon & a Half today and it was a great pleasure to see people from all walks of life running these distances of 21 KMs and 42 KMs. Mind it ... it takes a lot of courage to do this. Its not as easy as watching these marathoners run. Its good to see that people like Rahul Verghese, founder (Chief Believer) of Runninandliving.com, putting all their efforts to make people live a healthy life. I met Rahul in 2008 while jogging at the Leisure Valley park in Gurgaon and since then I have been taking part in all the runs organized by Running and Living in either way, as a participant or as a volunteer.

So let's talk a bit about the man of the moment ... Doctor Roy! I have seen him running last year at couple of events organized by Running and Living. He is 78 today and has ran 88 marathons till date. What's amazing is he is going good and when I personally saw him complete the 42 KMs run today, I was taken aback by his sheer will power and stamina. At the end of the race when he was having a chat with a few of us, he told that his best timing of a Full Marathon is 03.10.00 and guess how old he was then ... 55 years! He is a rock star guys. Trust me on this.



(Seen above - Doctor Roy at the Gurgaon Marathon on 22nd Feb 2009)

Seeing him run today has made me believe one thing in life - "Impossible is Nothing!". Am not talking about any sports brand here but its the real truth of life!

P.S.: I will be running the Half next time for sure!

Baba